- First go to a web browser
- Then, in the address bar type, 192.168.100.1
- Press enter, this will bring you to the Arris modem webpage
- Below where it says Arris, status is in a yellow box. To the right of it you will see a wireless tab, click on it.
- This will ask you for a username and password:
- Then click apply
- Scroll down to security settings until you find the preshared key, now change this to any desired password you choose.
- Please remember to write down what password you have changed this to and keep it in a safe spot.
- Then reboot your modem by shutting down your computer completely(not on sleep or standby), unplug the cable modem from the electrical outlet. Leave it unplugged for about 2 minutes then plug it back in and let it boot up completely with the 4 lights solid, then turn on your computer.