IMPORTANT NOTICE TO SUBSCRIBERS OF SJOBERG’S CABLE TV
Sjoberg’s maintain a business office at 315 Main Avenue North in Thief River Falls, Minnesota 56701, and a toll-free telephone listing (1-800-828-8808) to better serve you. If you are experiencing problems with your cable television reception please contact us and arrange for a service call. If, after our serviceman has identified and repaired the problem to the best of his ability, you are still dissatisfied, please submit in writing the nature of your complaint. We will respond to your letter within three business days. Should this procedure fail to resolve your problems to your satisfaction, you may contact the City Clerk’s office in your local community who will then act as final arbitrator in resolving the complaint.
PRIVACY RIGHTS NOTICE
1. This cable system collects and maintains the following personally identifiable information concerning subscribers:
– Billing records
– Service, maintenance and repair records.
2. The following persons have access to such information when necessary in connection with our business. Access is as
often as necessary, and may be on a day-to-day basis:
– Cable system employees
– Businesses which provide services to the cable system, such as our accountants.
– Program services, which will periodically audit subscription information.
– Representatives of the franchising authority.
3. The cable system will not maintain such information after it is no longer necessary for carrying on our business.
4. As a subscriber, you may review any personal information held by us, which pertains to you. You must give 5 business days notice of your wish to review such information, in order to give us an opportunity to locate and, if necessary to avoid disclosure of information for review. (Preparation is sometimes necessary to avoid disclosure of information relating to other subscribers.) If you wish to review your personal information, please contact us by letter or telephone to arrange for a review. The review will be at 315 Main Ave. N., Thief River Falls, Minnesota.
5. You may request correction of any errors in personal information that we collect or maintain pertaining to you.
6. We may not use the cable system to collect any personally identifiable information other than information necessary to carry on our business or to detect theft of services, unless you consent. (We do not presently use the cable system to collect any such information other than information necessary to carry on our business or detect theft of service.)
7. We may not disclose personally identifiable information except as is necessary to carry on our business, unless you consent or unless we are required to do so by court order. We do not presently disclose personally identifiable information except as is necessary to carry on our business. These disclosures are listed in Paragraph 2 above.
8. Any person aggrieved by any act of a cable operator in violation of this section may bring a civil action in a United States District Court.
9. If we are served with a court order requiring disclosure of personally identifiable information concerning a subscriber, we will inform the subscriber before any information is released. Under some circumstances, a governmental entity may seek a court order to obtain personally identifiable information from the cable system concerning a cable subscriber. The subscriber must be given an opportunity to contest issuance of such an order.